There is no upcoming training scheduled right now. Please check back soon.
This course provides network professionals with a functional understanding of the BIG-IP VIPRION platform. It includes an overview of the chassis, hardware options, Clustered Multiprocessing (CMP) and virtual CMP (vCMP) deployment options. The course includes lectures, demonstrations, hands-on labs, and discussions.
Students must complete one of the following F5 prerequisites before attending this course:
- Administering BIG-IP instructor-led course
- F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator
The following general network technology knowledge and experience are recommended before attending any F5 Global Training Services instructor-led course:
- OSI model encapsulation
- Routing and switching
- Ethernet and ARP
- TCP/IP concepts
- IP addressing and subnetting
- NAT and private IP addressing
- Default gateway
- Network firewalls
- LAN vs. WAN
By the time you finish this course, you should be able to identify various VIPRION chassis and hardware options, perform an initial configuration of the BIG-IP VIPRION system, and configure a vCMP host and guests. Additionally, you should be able to monitor, administer, and perform basic troubleshooting tasks on traffic processed by a BIG-IP VIPRION system.
- BIG-IP VIPRION system setup
- VIPRION chassis and blade hardware options overview
- Clustered MultiProcessing (CMP)
- Configuring virtualized CMP (vCMP) host and guests
- High-Availability with vCMP and non-vCMP systems
- Hardware maintenance and basic troubleshooting
- Lab projects