The SNOCC Supervisor focuses on the overall day-to-day management of customer-facing personnel of the Nexum Security and Network Operations Command Centers (SNOCC). This position ensures the success of our security analysts, from onboarding, technical training and development, shift management, and customer service and success perspectives. The ideal candidate will bring a solid working knowledge of existing SOC elements, including the use of security technology platforms to monitor, detect, and respond to security alerts. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the ability to work under pressure, communicate effectively, offer guidance and advice to both the employee and the customer, and use critical thinking to solve unique problems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible for the overall management of SNOCC Analysts and Engineering personnel.
• Shift scheduling
• Oversight and administration of professional development programs for analysts
• Quarterly performance reviews of analysts.
• Onboarding of new analysts
• Administering and monitoring training of new analysts during probationary phase.
• Mentoring and guiding new analysts in alert response, threat hunting, customer service, and other core duties of their position.
• Acting as on-shift duty-manager to receive customer escalations and issues
• Escalating issues and cases logged with vendors and partners.
• Monitoring overall analyst performance, including SLA performance, adherence to standard operating procedures, and ensuring the highest quality of work is maintained as a standard.
• Assisting in the development and refinement of analyst training programs, and coordinate external or internal training for team members according to agreed-upon Individual Development Plans (IDP) for each team member.
• Identifying and offering feedback for continuous improvement to the team and the organization as a whole.
• Assisting in the development and refinement of departmental policies and procedures.
• Generating and maintaining reports for performance and compliance.
• Assisting and developing employee appreciation and recognition programs.
• Coordinating occasional team-building and morale events.
Supervisory Responsibility: SNOCC Analysts
Expected work/travel schedule will include one day per week at the ‘office’ – one of the three SNOCC operations center locations (Chicago/Albuquerque/Nashua), as well as periodic travel (1 week every 4-8 weeks) to one of the other operations center locations.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree and four to 10 years’ related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Basic knowledge of networking and security best practices and techniques
3. Basic knowledge of enterprise IT environments
4. Prior management or team lead experience in a support type environment