Nexum is looking for Senior Security Engineers to join its Solutions team. Nexum is a thriving company with an engineering-centric culture and a work-hard/play-hard ethos. Applicants ideally have a healthy balance between engineering talent and an outgoing personality. Candidates will join a nimble engineering team that emphasizes autonomy and results while providing the opportunities and support to grow and advance at a fast-moving, independent technology company.
If you’re serious about bringing your security, design, architecture, and networking skills to a fast-growing leader in the industry, check out the job description below and apply today.
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
The Senior Security Engineer must have the ability to solve complex network and network security problems in a methodological manner in customer environments. The candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively to customers in a pre- and post- sales capacity, for assessment, network architecture, configuration, design and implementation projects.
- S. Degree or equivalent work experience
- Willingness to learn and take vendor certification courses (bonuses on certification)
- Comfortable with communicating technical and formal documentation to customers (e.g., Word, Excel) – strong written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- 5+ years experience with TCP/IP networking
- 5+ years experience with advanced network security systems
- Detailed understanding of the functional aspects of key infrastructure protocols (DNS, DHCP, etc)
- Detailed understanding of network protocol layers
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems
- Ability to multi-task in time-sensitive situations
- Ability to write highly-comprehensible project plans, statements of work, etc.
- Ability to rapidly pick up new technology and self-direct study
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to travel locally and overnight to customer locations about 10% of the time
- Experience working in/with large enterprise businesses
- Expert (or equivalent manufacturer experience and willing to grow to expert) understanding of firewalls and other enterprise networking and security products
- Excellent understanding of Automation (API Integration, Ansible, Terraform, EngineX, etc)
- Ability to write and maintain programs and scripts for networking and security (e.g. Python)
- Experience working with DNS (Infoblox preferred), Cloud, SEIM tools
- Detailed understanding of routing and/or switching protocols
- Experience on project hand-off and instructing customers about newly-deployed systems, or experience as a technical training instructor