Attention Alpha Geeks: Network security company Nexum, Inc. seeks Senior Security Engineers to join the solutions team in the New England region. Nexum is a thriving company with an engineering-centric culture and a work-hard/play-hard ethos. Applicants must have a strong balance between serious application delivery engineering talent and an outgoing personality that will impress our customers and partners. Candidates will join a nimble engineering team that emphasizes autonomy and results while providing the opportunities and support to grow and advance in a high-impact position at a fast-moving, independent technology company.
If you’re serious about bringing your engineering skills to a fast-growing leader in the networking and security industry, check out the job description below and apply today.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
The Senior Security Engineer must have the ability to solve complex problems in a methodological manner in customer’s environments relating to network and network security related issues. Engineer will have the ability to communicate well in front of customers in a pre and post sales capacity providing assessments, network architecture, configuration, design and implementation.
- S. Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have a willingness to learn and be willing to take vendor certification courses (bonuses on certification)
- Must be comfortable with the use of software packages including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, IE etc
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required as well as good telephone skills and etiquette
- Experience working with Palo Alto Networks products
- 5+ years experience with TCP/IP network equipment
- 5+ years experience with advanced network security systems
- Detailed understanding of the functional aspects of key infrastructure protocols
- Detailed understanding of L1-L7
- Robust understanding of networking and Internet technologies and experience with complex systems troubleshooting
- Ability to multi-task under stressful situations
- High reading comprehension
- Ability to rapidly pick up new technology and self-direct study
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to travel locally and overnight to customer locations 10-20% of the time
- Expert or willing to become expert with equivalent manufacture experience with Firewalls and other Networking and Security products, eg. Check Point Software, Palo Alto Networks, Juniper Networks, Infoblox, LogRhythm, Splunk, and F5 Networks
- Detailed understanding of routing and switching protocols
- Direct engineering or willing to attain expertise in Aruba, RSA, VMware, Cisco among others
- Experience teaching in a technical training environment