As part of the Security and Network Operations Command Center staff you will be instrumental in supporting customers as part of our managed services and support offerings. All staff will be placed in our on the job career development program that will allow you to increase your technical skill, with the potential for almost unlimited career growth. We will invest in you if you invest in a career with us. If you are ready for a career offering enterprise level challenges in an immersive, learning oriented, and close-knit but relaxed team environment, this is the position for you.
This position is responsible for assisting internal and external customers in network surveillance, referring of technical problems, processing customer tickets, communicating with Telco carriers, and interaction with hardware vendors and partners. You will also be supporting, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining our customers’ devices and infrastructures.
This is a 24x7x365 Network Operations Control environment and you WILL be required to work days, swings, overnights and/or weekends.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience, Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Must have a willingness to learn and be willing to take vendor certification courses (bonuses on certification)
- Must be comfortable with the use of software packages including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, IE etc
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required as well as good telephone skills and etiquette
- Understand the importance of working in a team environment
- Minimum 1-2 yrs experience with networks, network management technologies, or experience within a NOC environment.
- Working knowledge of OSI and Networking models, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IDP/IDS, Linux, and Windows platforms.
- Exposure to troubleshooting tools and techniques including traffic analyzers such as Wireshark, SNMP utilities, and CLI commands.
- Solid understanding of modern IP networking (v4 or v6) a requirement.
- Desire to work in an immersive and collaborative environment on a wide array of security-related aspects.
- Position is an excellent opportunity to grow in knowledge and skill through practical, classroom, and manufacturer-led training and experience.
- Experience and/or certifications in the areas of security incident handling, intrusion prevention, compliance, and firewalling.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following manufacturers and platforms highly desired: F5 Big-IP, JunOS, Checkpoint, Bluecoat, Palo Alto, Riverbed, and Sourcefire.
- Working knowledge of monitoring elements such as SNMP, syslog, WMI, and open-source OR enterprise monitoring is required. 1-3 years of practical linux experience and skills required.