The MSSP Sales Consultant role will focus on Managed Services Sales by conducting sales calls, qualifying new customers & opportunities for the company, and working closely with the MSSP team to deliver successful results. This is not a prospecting position but a senior-level sales expert to work directly with the sales team to propose the best MSSP solution(s) for customers’ needs and drive those opportunities to closure.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Engaging directly with customers for sales identified opportunities and leveraging the MSSP teams’ expertise
2. Owns customer presentation for first*defense solution by maintaining close contact with Nexum team members for technical updates, service capabilities, etc.
3. Qualifying and closing MSSP sales. Function as the primary customer contact point for all negotiations, master services agreement completions, etc.
4. Owns creation and presentation of the SOW and affiliated documents.
5. Generate customer proposals, including pricing of solutions.
6. Provide market feedback around the competitive landscape, including pricing, service offerings, and other relevant information.
7. Maintain accurate and current activity and opportunity information within Salesforce.
8. Serves as liaison to managed service team during onboarding to ensure continuity and understanding of any specific requirements.
9. Overtime expansion of duties to include sales of Advisory Services.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree and three years’ MSSP Sales experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Knowledge of key managed services concepts such as SIEM, SOAR, MDR, XDR, etc.
3. Strong competitive drive and desire to do what’s right for the customer.
4. Strong customer presence, ability to communicate complex security principles in simple terms.
5. Ability to ask key questions and understand the customers’ requirements.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.