Nexum is looking for a full-time, experienced developer to assist us in creating the next generation of our first*defense cybersecurity monitoring and alerting systems. You’ll be joining an experienced but nimble group of admins, system engineers, and other development-type folks to build a bigger, better, faster machine using all the modern tools and platforms including Logstash, Elasticsearch, Telegraf, and F5, to name just a few.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our team in Chicago, IL or Albuquerque, NM.
- 3+ years of experience in software development, algorithm design and message processing
- Experience developing in one or more of the following languages: [PERL|Python] && [Golang|C/C++|Java|NodeJS]
- Ability to iterate and improve existing codebase while working in JIRA and GIT-based revision control environments
- Practical experience with Linux, virtualization/containerization, and basic networking
- Ability to maintain a mature, language agnostic attitude toward development and understand the importance of annotated, documented, and readable code product
- Strong ability to define and interpret problems, formulate solutions, effectively collaborate and communicate, plan and execute
- Ability to work in real-world environments and be flexible to meet business needs
- Ability to work boldly with a sense of urgency: embrace mistakes, learn from them, and help drive the team toward success
- Ability to maintain strong work ethic and work product with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly, concisely, and realistically with stakeholders, devops, and management teams
- Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts, Computer Science/Engineering, or STEM-based field (or equivalent experience)
- Web Front end development a plus.
- Experience with Mariadb, Elasticsearch/ELK, and Kafka message bus libraries, as well as JSON data structures
- Experience interacting with REST and/or SOAP APIs
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes, and Linux containerization technology a plus
- Experience with system orchestration platforms such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible a plus
Submit your resume to HR@nexuminc.com