CUOM-SM - Cisco Unified Operations Manager and Service Monitor
In this course, you will learn how to effectively use Cisco Unified Communications Management products, including Operations Manager, Service Monitor, and the Cisco 1040 sensors to manage Unified Communications (UC).
In this course, you will gain knowledge about and practice with various features of Cisco Unified Operations Manager (OM), Service Monitor (SM), such as viewing unified communications devices, connectivity, alerts, and events; running diagnostic tests; and monitoring applications, devices, and the service quality of voice calls. Cisco Unified OM provides contextual diagnostic tools to facilitate trouble isolation and troubleshooting. Cisco Unified SM provides alerts and reports on service quality by monitoring active call streams. Labs reinforce what is discussed in the lecture.
To participate in the class, you must bring a laptop running Windows 2000, XP, or 7, along with Ethernet cables.
- What is meant by the term 'unified communications'
- Network management needs and challenges of UC
- Cisco suite of products for managing the Cisco UC System
- Various service quality metrics and terminology for UC
- Effectively use Cisco Unified Operations Manager to:
- Monitor, diagnose, and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communications deploymentsbased on Cisco Communications Manager or Cisco Communications Manager Express
- View IP phones, devices, and logical and physical connectivity
- View alerts and events on the managed devices, and run diagnostic procedures
- View service quality alerts and run diagnostic procedures
- Run diagnostic tests and reports on applications, network devices, and phones
- Automatically notify personnel of alerts and events
- Evaluate deployments and service provisioning with batch testing
- Effectively use Cisco Unified Service Monitor to:
- Manage and configure Cisco 1040 sensors
- Monitor service quality at a system level through Cisco Voice TransmissionQuality (CVTQ) support and real-time service quality through Cisco 1040 Sensors
- Alert network support personnel of poor service quality conditions
- Unified Communications
- Managing Unified Communications
- Cisco Unified Communications Management Suite
2. Using Cisco Unified Operations Manager Version 8
- Device Management
- Fault Monitor and Diagnostic Views
- Diagnostic Tests
- Notification Services
- Fine Tuning Polling and Threshold Settings
3. Using Cisco Unified Service Monitor Version 8
- Getting Started
4. System Administration (Cisco Unified Operations Manager and Service Monitor Version 8)
- Planning for Deployment
- Integration with Other Applications
- System Settings
Space is limited. Register today to save your space!