Network Security Engineer II - Chicago
If you’re serious about bringing your network security engineering skills to a fast-growing leader in the security industry, check out the job description below and apply today.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
The Network Security Engineer must have the ability to solve complex problems in a methodological manner in customer's environments relating to network and network security related issues. Engineer will have the ability to communicate well in front of customers in a pre and post sales capacity providing assessments, network architecture, configuration, design and implementation.
· B.S. Degree or equivalent work experience
· Must have a willingness to learn and be willing to take vendor certification courses (bonuses on certification)
· Must be comfortable with the use of software packages including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, IE etc
· Must have excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills are required as well as good telephone skills and etiquette
· 5+years experience with TCP/IP network equipment
· 5+years experience with advanced network security systems
· Detailed Understanding of the functional aspects of key infrastructure protocols
· Detailed Understanding of L1-L7
· Detailed understanding of routing
· Robust understanding of networking and Internet technologies and experience with complex systems troubleshooting
· Ability to multi-task under stressful situations
· High reading comprehension
· Ability to rapidly pick up new technology and self-direct study
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
· Ability to travel locally 95% of the time to customer locations
· Ability to travel overnight 25-50% depending on location
· Expert or willing to become expert F5 Networks product knowledge
· Direct engineering or willing to attain expertise in Blue Coat, Check Point, Palo Alto Networks, Infoblox, Juniper, Aruba, RSA, Sourcefire, VMware, Cisco among others
· Experience teaching in a technical training environment